Saturday, July 28, 2012

DIY peanut butter jar soap dispenser


I got inspired to make this craft after seeing a DIY mason jar soap dispenser post on pinterest! I didn't have a mason jar and did not want to have to spend anything to make this, so I got creative with what we had around the house. I am so happy with the final product! It works great and looks adorable in our bathroom!


 Using an old peanut butter jar and the pump from an old soap dispenser I had purchased from the dollar store months ago...
 

... a little hot glue (wonderful, can't- do- without crafting tool) and my husband's drill I was able to get busy crafting!


First clean out your jar and drill a hole in the middle of the top large enough to slip the pump through.


Once you slip the pump through the top, use your hot glue to create a seal. I put the glue on the inside of the pump's cap so I couldn't see it once assembled. 



Fill it up with your favorite soap. I added some raffia and an old key I had in my craft stuff to add some bling- and there you go! You're done!


1 comment: