Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sweet Spaghetti Squash+ XFit 6

"Man Cave"

I completely thought Jon made up that word, but then I found a definition in Urban dictionary! He has been talking about this "man cave" since the day we met. The first time he mentioned it was during a conversation about hunting. He pointed out that the meat would be so fresh and that one of those deer wall mounts would be such a cool decoration in our living room. Oh my goodness... did he really just say that. I get sad when I see a deer on the side of the road after it's been in an accident. I would rather feed a deer out of the palms of my hands then hunt it. So evidently, I disagreed with the decoration suggestion. "I can put one in my man cave then", he said.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with this term, let me share the knowledge.
A room, space, corner or area of a dwelling that is specifically reserved for a male person to be in a solitary condition, away from the rest of the household in order to work, play, involve himself in certain hobbies, activities without interruption. This area is usually decorated by the male that uses it without interference from any female influence.
Luckily, there are no animal wall mounts in our dwelling. Thanks goodness. But Jon has claimed the garage as his own and has named it, yes you've guessed it, his man cave. Decorations? A great big American Flag. He admits that he would have hung up a Canadian Flag too, but he couldn't find one. The man cave is pretty neat though, I must admit. He has it equipped with a Bowflex, complements of Valerie and Wayne, and one of those Power Towers. But the floors are cement and there are spiders and earwigs crawling around everywhere, so as you will see in the workout video- I bring my cute purple yoga mat in with me for protection.

The workout today may not look hard, but I was sweating by the second set. Here we go!

Cross fit #6

1. 8 count body builder
2. 10 leg lifts

Repeat this combination 5 times

Remember to always warm up and cool down before and after your workout.







As promised, a great recipe for Spaghetti Squash!!

Easy Brown Sugar Spaghetti Squash

What you will need:

  • 4 tsp Margarine (we use Earth Balance vegetarian margarine)
  • 2 tbsp Brown sugar
  • 1 Spaghetti squash 
  1. Preheat oven to 375°F
  2. Cut squash in half lengthwise and empty out seeds with a spoon
  3. Place on baking sheet, cut side up
  4. Place 2 tsp of margarine in each squash half. Sprinkle 1 tbsp brown sugar in each squash half
  5. Bake uncovered for 50 minutes or until fork inserts easily
  6. Scrape out all the cooked flesh into a bowl
  7. You can add more margarine and brown sugar if you would like





Jon loves this side dish, and I hope you will too! Enjoy!

- Kimmie

1 comment: