Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pita Pizza

Jon and I had a great week off in Ocean Park, but I am glad to be back!

With all the time off, I was able to come up with some great recipes to share with all of you. It was tough to be internet-less for 9 days!

We have begun a new chapter in Virginia today. Jon has started his basic training so he will be gone most of the time. Hopefully he will be able to join me for dinner some evenings! I have a feeling my blog portions are going to downsize a little bit.

With Jon being gone from dawn until dusk, I thought it would get lonely in our two bedroom apartment all day. Boy was I wrong. I always seem to find something to keep me busy!

Yesterday I decided to go see a doctor about wrist pain I have been experiencing for over 3 years. I have been putting it off partly because of timing but also because it just wasn't life threatening. Lately it has been getting worse so I decided I should do something about it. I walked into the hospital and they told me I had to go to the ER to see a doctor... well my goodness, I hardly saw the need for that! It really wasn't an emergency! It was the only way to see a doctor though, so I had to.

Before I even had time to sit down and read "Kate plus 8, are the kids going to be ok?" I was in to see the doctor. I couldn't believe how quick they were!

After about 2 hours of X-rays and questions, the doctor told me I had tendinitis. Half of me was relieved that it wasn't a cyst or carpal tunnel but the other half of me was disappointed that I had wasted my time and theirs. Needless to say, I left the hospital with a brace that looks like a go-go gadget arm and prescriptions for ibuprofen and vicodin (yeah, I know! geez!). I knew push ups were bad for me!! haha

At times like this, you get home and you want something quick, healthy and delicious to eat- with little clean up. Pita pizza was calling my name.

These are so easy to make and they even offer a remedy to those ugly pizza cravings.

Remember, if you don't have all these ingredients, use your imagination and create a new ingredient combination.

Pita Pizza

What you will need for 1 pita pizza:

  • 1 whole wheat or white pita (preferably the pocket kind)
  • 2 tbsp tomato pasta sauce (I use my favorite Rozzano Marinara sauce, but any kind will do!)
  • 1/4 chicken breast, cubed
  • olive oil
  • 2 tbsp shredded spinach
  • 1-2 tbsp feta cheese
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Drizzle olive oil in skillet and cook cubed chicken until no longer pink
  3. Lay out the pita
  4. Spread tomato sauce on pita
  5. Sprinkle chicken, spinach and feta cheese on pita
  6. Cook in oven on baking sheet for 6-7 minutes or until the edges of the pita are crunchy


I hope you enjoy it! Let me know what you think if you get to try it.

Make healthy choices!

-Kimmie
P.S. Just want to thank you all for your wonderful recipe pictures, comments and feedback. I really appreciate it!

Healthy pumpkin muffins sent in by Sandra







No comments:

Post a Comment